RE: insurance

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: insurance
From: Neil Levine <nalevine@dcn.davis.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 16:32:17 -0800 (PST)
List,

Since I fulfill all the requirements, I followed up on this insurance
company to see what it would cost for my '66 1600 and got the following
quote for a $3000.00 requested value. I got the quote over the phone but you
can also request a quote at their website
http://www.americancollectorsins.com. The coverages are as follows:

Bodily injury and property damage liability     $100,000
Medical payments                                $1000
Uninsured/Underinsured                          $15,000/$30,000/$3500
Comprehensive (agreed value)                    No deductible
Collision (agreed value)                        No deductible
Towing and Labor                                $25.00
Spare Parts                                     $500.00

Total Annual Premium $41.40 (that's not a misprint!) The quote is only a few
dollars more for $300,000 in liability coverage.

Switching to this would save me quite a bit over what I'm paying now.
Insurance Guy (would be glad to hear comments from you and any one else
familiar with this company-- any claims? problems? etc.) thought it does not
include liability but it looks like it does. Is there anything wrong with
this picture? Is there anything missing of importance from the stated
coverages? Of course, you don't know how good an insurance company is until
*after* you file a claim.

TIA for all your accumlated insurance wisdom,

Neil Levine
'66 1600 SPL311-06576