Doheny 2000 Pics

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Doheny 2000 Pics
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 17:50:57 PDT
Hello All1

The weather cooperated with us and by the afternoon, Surfside 2000 saw a
beautiful day. There were plenty of great cars and surprises at the show.
Roadster turnout was good although we did not have any roadsters from the
BADROC crowd turn up although Van did make an appearance. I met several new
people that are now going to part of the SoCalROC crew including Jeff
Hurlburton who brought a 66 1600 that was just as nice as any you have ever
seen. He won best roadster with it. A special note goes to Jon Frampton's
67.5 1600. He won a technical merit trophy directly from Nissan Motors Corp
and was as proud as you can imagine.

Plenty of Zs, dimes, and even a PL211 was there. It was absolutely great and
we all had a great time.

A special guest car was a Silvia Spec R directly from Japan. It was an
absolutely gorgoeous car and we all just about cried because this car will
never be sold in this country. It was brought over under exemption to use
the Nissan Proving Track in Arizona. This car will get crushed later this
year. A total shame as it is a fast and beautiful car. This car would kill
any honda or Acura placed in its path.

So check out the pics!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=172261&a=9627858

Andrew Murphy