re: newbie mechanic needs help

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: newbie mechanic needs help
From: "Amy & Erik" <apotter@mn.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:47:20 -0500
Wannabe mechanic here.
Thanks for all the advice folks. It seems I have a lot of different things
to check next week when I have time. How is this for the order?
1. check to see if my dist is re-curved for a de-smogged motor.
1.5 check points for clean contact.
2. Check timing.
3. check fuel pressure
4. Check float bowl levels
5.Cean carbs.
6. Instal 1lb coffee can sized polished stainless exhaust tip. ( or should I
do this first?)
7. Adhere 40 stickers of aftermarket manufactures equipment which my car
more than likely does not have.
I was not too excited to see that my timing inspection cover was sealed not
with a gasket, but with clear silicone. I would be willing to bet my rings
are actually wire coat hangers wrapped around the pistons.   Hmm, anyone
done a ford 4 cyl swap?  The lure of cheap readily available parts is
calling.  No- must resist.....

Erik
2L1600