Re: Hard top questions

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hard top questions
From: Jason Simpson <jason@xio.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:27:14 -0700
Steve Harvey wrote:

> I purchased a hard top for my 68 2000 this summer. The three locking
> hinges that were included  are worn beyond help or restoration. Has
> anyone come up with a way of securing the top without using the stock
> hinges?

My hard top is missing the latches/hinges and my window frame is missing
two of the catches that they attach to (the right and left ones), so I
too am looking for replacements or alternatives for mounting the top.

Right now, the only thing that's holding it on are two eye-bolts on
either side just behind the seat. Is there an illustration somewhere of
how the hard top (or the soft top for that matter) is supposed to
attach?

        Thanks.
        -jrs