Re: Starter / Compression

To: tosborn <trosborn@california.com>,
Subject: Re: Starter / Compression
From: svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 14:04:22 -0700
The ring gear is replaceable (unless the engine is different from every
automotive engine
I've ever seen, including other Nissan engines). If it is a bad ring gear, pull
engine/tranny, remove flywheel assembly, heat ring gear to expand and remove
from
flywheel. Replace w/new ring gear, also heating to expand and slip over
flywheel.

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA