66 1600

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 66 1600
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:22:43 -0700
High All,

I returned from Lewiston after looking at a 66 1600.  It was a little
rough but had a number of decent parts on it.  It was SPL311 01083 with
a U20 and 5 speed.  It came with the 1600 and 4 speed too.  U20 # was
08408.  Car had a header on the studs but the intake and carbs were
off.  Had several sets of SUs in the car.  Body was not completely
straight.  There was a little damage.  Had pretty good side trim, but
not perfect.  Stock rims with hub caps.  Grill was rusty.  It was
missing some of the emblems.  Windshield was cracked.  Had a hard top
and a tonneau cover.  No soft top.  Hard top had the lunch box type
latches.  Car had not been driven for 15 or more years as it has been in
storage at least that long.  It sat through the mount St. Hellens
eruption too so I think it has been out of comission for 20+   years.
It still had ash in the cowl vent area..  I think that the car may have
been from Seattle or Portland.  It did have some South Dakota University
parking stickers in the back window.  Thought I would offer quite a bit
less than what he was asking for the car.  If I buy it I will have a
bunch of parts for sell.
Bob