Bad Day at the AutoX

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bad Day at the AutoX
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 21:11:13 -0700
I thought I was so ready,

I prepared last night but still forgot my helmet, my jack handle and my
spare shirt. These should have been omens heeded that I was "in for it" for
the rest of the day. My runs were terrible. Instead of improving each run, I
LOST a 10th each run. The last run, I miss handled a curve before the slalom
and got DNF'd! After that, I found out that I pushed the tire off the bead.
Talk about your stiff side walls, The BFG R-1's will support the car and not
ride the rim.

So I pulled out of my "time only" run and went to put on my street wheels.
Well, my new Auto X wheels are just a little thinner in the mounting boss,
so the lugs bottomed out on the hub and mushroomed. So there was no way to
put on my streets. Fortunately I could get the flat replaced with a street.

Some things were good though. Dennis showed up with the CDM video camera and
got some good stills and videos. I also got to wear the CDM magnetics, So I
felt Muy Proffesionally. After lunch I went to Dennis's and helped pull an L
motor from a 510 and that went very smooth.

So, it wasn't that bad, I still had fun and that's the point right? Hey! I
could use some company out there! How about some of you "Armchair Racers"
give it a try?

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles