Re: driveshaft bolts

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: driveshaft bolts
From: svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 13:19:51 -0700
I'd go along with the 5/16-24 UNF threadform, but given the shock environment
in which
they operate, those bolts are made of something  tougher than Grade 8, like
A490 Alloy
steel, quenched and tempered, maybe. You don't want to just head for Home Depot
and pick
up a handful of Grade 8's to bolt up your driveshaft!

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA