Re: Steering box questions

To: bob_wilson@agilent.com
Subject: Re: Steering box questions
From: RWM <RWM@RWMann.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 15:51:27 -0400
Bob Wilson is correct; I have used 90W gear oil.  Careful of the oil
fill cover nut, it is plastic and strips out easily.

3/8" - 1/2" left-right play at the rim (stock wheel) is regarded as OK.
You appear to have nipped the play in the bud, so to speak.  Monitor how
any further play develops from there.

- Bob Mann, '69 2000 Solex

--
R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.  > Airline Industry Analysis and Consulting
Port Washington, NY  11050 > tel 516-944-0900, fax 516-944-7280