Re: When do you throw in the towel?

To: roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: When do you throw in the towel?
From: shifty <shifty@best.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 16:31:22 -0700
Andrew,

The short answer is... when you can poke your fingers through major
structural pieces.

I dragged my '67.5 2000 down from Canada - it turned out to be much worse
than I could have imagined. The cowl area was a complete disaster.

I did manage to find a '67.5 1600 about two weeks later. The body on this
car is better, but still needs floorboards and sills.

The standards of "salvageable" differ depending on location - what is just
"a bit of welding" in the UK is a total write-off in Southern California.

Leigh Brooks
BADROC