Rust protection

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rust protection
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 13:25:06 -0500
Restoration tip:
Use spray-on or roll on bed liner products to protect your floorpans.  (If
you had the professional Rhino-liner installed it would last FOREVER).
My floorpans had no rust but the factory coating was starting to crack.  I
wanted something that would protect the metal and deaden the noise but
wasn't asphalt based.  I chose to roll it on and had great results.  It is
definitely watertight-I was rinsing the car to remove sanding dust after
wetsanding and got about an "1 of water in the floorpan near the front.  I
took a break and when I returned, there was STILL an inch of water in the
pans and no drips under the car!

I bought an inexpensive kit from Duplic-Color.  I think it cost about
$15/Quart plus roller.

Nruff