Re: body on

To: plhbauman@earthlink.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: body on
From: VulForge@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 16:18:37 EDT
In a message dated 8/23/00 12:01:50 AM Central Daylight Time,
plhbauman@earthlink.net writes:

<< Need to know if I should
 put on the carbs? The stick out a ways and I was wondering if they'll be a
 problem. Anyone have experience with this? 1600, SU carbs. >>

Phil;
    In my opinion, put the engine in with EVERYTHING mounted.  Take your time
and be careful, particularly of the transmission tailshaft as it goes past
the windshield and the stuff across the top of the tunnel.  One of those
engine equilizer screw things would be really handy here as the transmission
has to go into the bay at a very steep angle and then level out.  I did it by
myself without one, though.  There is really plenty of room once you take out
the radiator, battery and washer tank.  Bolt the (new) motor mounts to the
engine.  It is easier to line them up on the chassis than to try to drop the
motor on them.

Russell Criswell

Kansas City MO
67 1600