67 2000 Update

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 67 2000 Update
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 00:29:31 PDT
Hey List,

It's been a while since I have posted anything about my 67 2000. But tonight
at the car show, I heard Vic Laury talking to someone about my car and he
said that the club has high hopes for the restoration of the car. It put
things into perspective for me.

Because of life's little surprises, I have not been able to purchase any
parts for quite a while. Plus, as any 1967.5 owner will tell you- parts for
these cars are hard to come by and when you do find them you can hear your
wallet groan as you open it.

Well, that changed this month as I am once again on the war path for buying
parts. I have acquired headrests and that was a coup. I will also be picking
up an 7 qt. aluminum oil pan and 4.11 LSD this month. Next month I plan to
buy my new interior, with red all around and a new dash and console.

October is Comp Suspension and big sway bar. November will be Panas and
Tires month. December will be engine rebuild parts (a la the Christmas
Bonus)

January and February will be odds and ends. Then in March, 2001 he goes in
for restoration. He will probably miss Shasta, but should be around for
Doheny, 2001.

So I am a man on a mission. Full speed ahead. I will keep you posted as to
its progress, but this car is going to get done!

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC