Re: 160 or 180 thermostat??

To: "Geoff Rainville" <grainville@ecrix.com>
Subject: Re: 160 or 180 thermostat??
From: Eric Frisbee <efris@home.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 14:55:35 -0600
My handy dandy manual from Fairlady Products says 180 is the "normal"
range, with 195 being used for extremely cold areas and 165 being used
for extremely hot areas.
Checked in my Clymers manual and found 160.
Checked my Rallye catalog and didn't find a specific temperature
thermostat, but they only sell one... checked Rallye's webpage and found
they sell 180s..
I checked on Sports Imports page, but didn't find a thermostat.
Checked on Fairlady Products page and didn't find a thermostat.
Checked on CDM's site, but didn't find a thermostat there either.
Ran through all the vendor sites I have bookmarked and didn't really
find a theromstat recommendation (but found a lot of things I wish I had
money for right now!!)

My personal preference has been with the 180's as well... And I live in
high altitude with currently 100 degree temps outside and normally
chilly winters.   Before that, I lived in Missouri where the weather is
equally nasty... HOT summers and COLD winters!  I have had no problems
with my 180 therostats in either climate... and I have 3 running
roadsters currently (didn't say road worthy though!)

So, 180 it is!

Eric
WyCROC