Re: SR20/ now brakes

To: DemonTSi@aol.com
Subject: Re: SR20/ now brakes
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 21:30:22 -0700

DemonTSi@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 08/09/2000 8:47:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> bitterrootprop@nidlink.com writes:
>
> Hmm, the roadsters have really nice big front rotors, but my complaint has
> always been with the fact that they are solid units that aren't too thick.
> Any idea how well his brakes worked on that particular car...??

This is funny , because Joe said the same thing about how thin they are.
I told them you could buy the DBA rotors for a reasonable amount right
now due to the currency conversion. He was wondering how they vented
such a thin rotor. He said he could get them to fade if he was road racing
with them. He is cheating a bit since he also has a shortened 200SX rear end
with rear discs. Joe believes in using parts from recyclers as much as possible.
he will weld up a fuel injected throttle body manifold for an R16 motor or a
U20.
He uses other manifold and cuts and welds them to fit.

BTW the engine in the picture is a rear wheel drive SR20 the one in the
Triumph GT6 is a front wheel drive version, but he doesn't have inner fender
wells . He also has an SR16 sitting on the floor of the shop.

Mike