Re: U20 headgasket

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: U20 headgasket
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 11:35:30 -0500
Kyle,

The NEW STYLE headgasket is graphite coated with sealing material
around the front cover, and oil passage. Install as is on a CLEAN block
and head. No sealant should be applied to this headgasket. It comes in
a plastic wrap, leave the wrap in place until you are ready to install
it.

The OLD STYLE was plain - most likely asbestos material. Gray in
color (new are black). I would spray both sides with Kopper Koat
(brand name of a the copper coating gasket adhesive). While
suspending the gasket with a wire. I'd let it dry until tacky, then
install
it right before putting the head on.

Cheers,

Tom Walter