Re: Recaro Seats?

To: <bob_wilson@agilent.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Recaro Seats?
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 14:23:38 -0700
> Hi, has anyone bought Recaro seats for their roadster?  While they seem to
> be quite spendy, they look and feel very comfortable.  Just wondered if they
> would fit ok (I know that some modifications of the mounting/slides will be
> necessary which I can do).  I sat in both the Ergomed and the Style today.
> Both are pretty nice.
>
> Bob Wilson   1970  1600  spl311-28383

Hi Bob-

I had a set of Recaros in my '69 when I got it.  They were bolted
directly to the floor, and this made it impossible to actuate the
fore-aft adjustment.  I imagine judicious use of spacers would be
the solution there.

Mine were worn and broken, so I replaced them with a set of 240Z
seats; they worked out great, and are less massive than the Recaro's.

My 2c worth-

Kyle
       ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond
   _.;(____\____    72 240Z, L28/E88/SU, 5sp, all poly - Z Beast