Re: Kill switch question

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kill switch question
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 07:42:45 -0500
Steve,

Along those lines is a N.O. (normally open) proximity switch.
It will require a magnet in close proximity to close it. This is
reverse of most of the security switches, but is commonly used
for a relay element.

With the switch being used to control the Starter Solenoid - the
starter will not engage unless a magnet is held up by the switch.
In reality the switch is controlling a relay to do this, as the starter
solenoid really takes too much current for the small proximity switches.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX