Re: 5 speed into a 66

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: 5 speed into a 66
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 21:15:12 -0500
Mike-

I was unable to use my 90 degree fitting in my 67 U-20/5speed swap.  The
clearance was way to little.  Others have suggested dollying out the area on
the tunnell before installing the tranny.  I attempted this, but I need to
work it out another 1/2 before it would come close to fitting-impossible to
do after installed.  This is my last resort, but someone (I think Fred Katz)
suggested running the cable right through the side of the tunnel, sealing
it, and hiding it under the carpet.

Nathan