engine swap almost complete

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: engine swap almost complete
From: "Matt Peterson" <pete_303@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 03:53:54 GMT
Hi everyone,

I put my L20b engine in a few days ago.  I used some motor mounts that Stan
Chernoff made me and they worked great!  The top of the valve cover clears
the hood by about 1/8" to 1/4".  It's tight!  I seem to have a problem
though.  The oil filter is too long to fit between the frame and the block.
It would fit while it was on but it's too long to take off.  Does anyone
know if there was some type of adapter for the L-series engines to make the
filter 90 so it's pointing down instead of sideways?  I have yet to look for
a shorter filter.

Just wanted to tell everyone of my progress.

Matt Peterson
68 1600
Zimmerman, MN