screeeech!

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: screeeech!
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 11:37:10 -0700
Yikes,
yesterday I made a u-turn (at about 5 mph) on the street in front of my
house and when I straightened out I was met with a terrible screeching
sound, akin to metal fingernails on a metal blackboard, lasted for about 15
feet till I stopped.  Then when I started to roll, it was gone.  It wasn't a
low enough or vibratory (is that a word?) enough sound to have been brake
shoes locking, so I'm thinking I may have tweaked the forward brake backing
plate or something.
dismantle today and see.  any other ideas?
Fergus O'Farrell
69 2000