Re: 4 to 5 Lug

To: dhbain@uswest.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4 to 5 Lug
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:31:34 EDT
In a message dated 06/28/2000 1:02:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dhbain@uswest.net writes:

> With the low selection of four lug wheels out there I wanted to know how
>  to go to 5 lugs.  Things like what part do I have to change and what
>  type of donor car does it come from?  This would be for a stock 1970 no
>  flares.

There's actually A LOT of 4 lug wheels out there... mostly thanks to the
popularity of the hondas. Most popular modern wheels have a FWD offset, which
means that their backspacing is about .5"-.75" too high. This is perfect, cuz
you can make up that distance using adapters or spacers. Adapters would cost
a bit more, but would make the whole operation a bolt-on affair. Spacers (I'd
recommend using machined billet ones) can be used, but you'd have to also
swap in some extended studs.

Van