Magnets to drivelines

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Magnets to drivelines
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 07:48:29 -0700 (PDT)
Okay, experience when hooking up a magnet to drive
shaft for cruise control (old time method)

Take a hose clamp and put in it on the u-joint right
behind the transmission. This eliminates alot of the
movement up-down and side-to-side. Score the surface
of the hose clamp with sand paper and the bottom of
the magnet the same way. Epoxy the magnet to the hose
clamp. I used JB Weld. Then make a bracket to hold the
sendor at the desired location. I mounted mine to the
tranny via an extra hole I found that was threaded.
This worked for 9 years on my 1980 ford 4x4 that went
every where on and off road.

Worth a try.

Don Miller
68 1600 (for sale 3000 obo)