Tigers Vs Datsun roadsters

To: "David A. Fox" <dafox1@hotmail.com>
Subject: Tigers Vs Datsun roadsters
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:30:15 -0400

>Not sure but I think there were a limited number that came with a Ford V8
>260ci engine then a short time later they started installing the 289ci.

  Almost exactly backwards!  1964 to 1966 Tigers came with 260s;
approximately 6500 built.  In 1967 came the Tiger II with a 289; 571 built.
Chrysler killed the car because it couldn't stand selling Ford motors and
paying a fortune for the engine warranty.  There are so few Original Tigers
left.  Most were modified to correct cooling and handling problems.

  Roadster content:  I sure glad Datsun had more sense than to stuff a big
hunk of cast iron under the hood and ruin the handling of our beloved
roadsters!

Paul
OROC