Selling Mr K.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Z300ZXDUD@aol.com, WHalsey254@aol.com,
Subject: Selling Mr K.
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 21:45:12 EDT
Hello,

I just found something on the internet that is quite disturbing.  The
attached link is to a company that sells Z associated stuff which includes
cars and parts and memorabilia.

www.SunsetZ.com

On one of their pages thier are some Datsun collectables that are autographed
by Mr. Katayama or better known as Mr.K, the Father of the Z Car.  It appears
that they are selling these items with his signature.

If I remember correctly, Mr.K was a guest to Les' Classic Datsun Motorsports
show at Doheney last year.  Mr. K, close to 80 years old.  He sat in the
Southern California heat for two sessions of over two hours each signing
autographs for free.  He signed t-shirts, books, mousepads, car parts,
anything.  And yes he did it all for free.

I am very sure that he was not doing any other signing sessions anywhere else
during his visits to the States.  And I am sure that CDM and ZONC, the Z
Owners of NorCal can back me up on that statement.  And if he did I am very
sure that he wasn't charging for the signatures.

I am appalled that a Z shop would have the nerve to sell his autographs.  I
don't know how others feel about this but I find it very disrespectful to a
fine gentleman.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex