Simple fix

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Simple fix
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 22:05:29 -0700 (PDT)
Hi List,
 Yesterday I decided to finally tackle my gas gauge adjustment. Every
time I fill up I decide to adjust the float then drive and use up gas
and never get around to it. I say to self "next tank" Well, yesterday I
did it! Took a little playing around to get it just right. I noticed
that when you screw the thing down tight the reading goes more full.
but finally after a half hr it was perfect!
Here's what happened next. I try to start my car and enjoy my new tank
of gas and the car WONT start! Half hr earlier and all the time
previous the car starts fine. I started thinking about what I'd read on
the list about vacum stuff and heat etc. came out later still no
start,later still no start. Drove me nuts! Decided to check to see if
the plugs were fouled, no wrench. finally I (out of desparation) had
the brilliant idea to check the points. got a little 320grit paper
cleaned them then sprayed everything with contact cleaner and
VROOOOM!!! Off I was.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY;  MAKE SURE TO CHECK ALL THE STUPID LITTLE STUFF

Roman Rist
66 1600 (starts everyday)
67.5 1600 (Still in body shop)
SoCalROC