Gatlinburg Rally Update & SEROC

To: <spl310@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Gatlinburg Rally Update & SEROC
From: jwilliams@kidpower.com
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 08:35:19 -0600
All,

We are still planning on the Gatlinburg, Tennessee rally. However, we have moved
the date to May 13 to better suit some schedules. Phil Hall, Ben Zech and I are
planning this rally ad hoc, but an agenda for the weekend might look like this:

Friday night:   Meet up at the lodge, hotel, cabins, or where ever, have dinner
and bore our wives with car talk. (Let me apologize to the women among the group
who love car talk. My wife is not among your ranks even though she encourages my
hobbies)

Saturday morning: Tear up some twisty mountain roads.

Saturday mid-morning: Tune-up workshop, hands-on (bring the Goop), (hopefully
someone can show me how to tell when I have the mixture right)

Saturday lunch: Discussion of the formation of SEROC (South Eastern ROC), and
bore our wives some more.

Saturday afternoon: Tear up some more twisty mountain roads

Saturday night:  BS about whatever comes up, I might even bring the poker chips
(probably some whisky involved)

Sunday dawn: Ridge run along several more twisty Smokey Mountain roads.

Sunday brunch: We all talk about how much fun we had, plan the next event, and
laugh about whomever had the misfortune to blow a tire or something. Everyone
will probably ask me for the money back that I won playing Poker the previous
night, as I sip my Mimosa laughing greedily.

Sunday noon: Break up and head home.

I'll be travelling thoughout most of April so if your interested in attending
please RSVP to Phil Hall at phillip.hall@msfc.nasa.gov . Phil, Ben and I will
coordinate and find us a reasonable, yet charming, place to stay.

I hope to meet many of you there.

Regards,

Jay Williams
'68 1600