Undercoating

To: "roadsters list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Undercoating
From: "Dan and Louise Yates" <yates@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 10:47:39 -0600
I think I have found the tool to remove that tarry undercoating on the
bottom. I tried chemicals- messy and expensive. I tried a grinder/wire
wheel - slow and very messy. I tried a heavy duty paint scraper - very slow
and almost not worth the effort. Then I tried a simple razor scraper, the
kind with the single edge razor blade. Works great. I did half the car in
less than an hour. Scrapes right down to the bare metal. Looks like it has
been dipped. My wife asked me what I was going to do after it was done. When
I said " Put on more tarry undercoating just like the old stuff " she didn't
seem to understand. Women!

Dan Yates