New Z, or just another car?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Z, or just another car?
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 17:50:26 -0500
  In Autoweek, 2/21/2000, the following article appeared:

Z de-retroed
  Nissan Design International in San Diego and Nissan's Japan Studio are in
competition, each with a very different design, from the other, for the next
Z car.  Nissan's European studio's design has lost out in the internal
competition for the design of the new sports car.
  The design freeze is coming up: Nissan will pick between the U.S. design
and the Japanese design before this summer.  Plans are to show the car by
the middle of 2001 as a 2002 model, says NDI president J. Hirshberg.  The
American and Japanese designs both have ditched the retro look of the Z
Concept NDI shown at Detroit in 1999. he adds.
  "We have moved from any whiff of retro," Hirshberg says, although a few
subtle clues, such as in the headlamps, may remain.

ROADSTER CONTENT:  Sounds like the retro movement will be over before we
ever get a retro roadster out of Nissan.  Glad I have an original!

Paul
OROC