Thank You!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Thank You!
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 00 20:24:15 CST
One thing I do love about this list is my 'extended family'
lots of great folks who are more the willing to send a note
and help out when needed. I truely appreciate that.

On the roadster, while I am attached to it, and would be
nice to keep it but there are more important things in
life.

While it might be tempting to "do something" to the car,
that I will not do. Emerson and Liam, my sons, also
appreciate the roadster. Last thing I would ever want is
for them to be in an accident.

Yes, my ex probably wants it more out of spite, but what
the heck. Hopefully it will sit for a good 7 years with
the parts to put it back together in the trunk until my
sons are old enough to enjoy it. There are somethings that
I will have to note in a notebook (like bolting the cam
back down, but not having time to fully align it to my
picky standards. Old headbolts, as I hadn't gotten the
competition ones. A couple of odd little things I will
forget after a couple of years).

As to bills, yes they are part of life. Most of my garage
cleaning is to just help get some of bills paid off. Goals
are to pay off the bills, take a cruise in Alaska, and
buy a decent welder to complement the tools I already have
(for building a winch bumper, roof rack for the land
cruiser, etc). Summer of 2001 I hope to take off five weeks
and travel with the boys up through Alaska in the Land
Cruiser.

While I do enjoy seeing the roadsters every year at Shasta,
what keeps me going back is the friendships I have made
over the cars with some great people.

Thanks again to all. I do appreciate your support & frienship,

Cheers,

Tom