RE: Tire Pressure - experience in racing a 2000

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tire Pressure - experience in racing a 2000
From: Howard Fletcher <hgf@netro.com.au>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 06:48:26 +1100
Hi Don,

The outside wear would point to insufficient negative camber.

This is magnified with Std springs and std bar.

If you have a picture of the car at full noise in a corner, then the
outside wheel should be straight up and down, not leaned over.
Then the camber setting is right.

Ill scan a pic of my race car going thru a corner hot on the weekend so
that you can see what I mean.
Of course with a street car you should compromise with less camber.

Your new set up should help heaps.

If loading more spacers for camber be careful to use a longer hi tensile
bolt in the top where the shims go and locktite it. Spacers can come loose
as I have found.

Regards,

Howard