Re: SoCal datsun people...there's a BBQ on the 19th

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, tak_kobayashi@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: SoCal datsun people...there's a BBQ on the 19th
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:22:27 EST
Just wondering how many people were actually thinking of making this get
together in socal...
The "word" has spread through pretty much all the nissan and datsun lists,
and I do know that the 240SX and 510 guys will be showing. It'd be pretty
cool to see some roadsters make it also. It looks like the weather will be
pretty cooperative this weekend, so plans still call for meeting at the park
(I'm going to include the info again below my sig).
I went from being 98.52% sure that I was going to about 85.29% (corrected, of
course) sure after a "botched" cam install in a friend's car last night!
We'll see what happens...!

Van
- http://members.xoom.com/BADROC

------
>From CAG67 <CAG67@excite.com>

Over the past few months I've been trying to coordinate a get together for
the local LM's, in L.A. as well as SoCal.

This is an open invitation BBQ/Picnic for anyone who will be in the L.A.
area on Sat. February 19, 2000 - all are wlcome.

Bring the kids (if you have any, if you don't, borrow some, hehe) the wife
or girlfriend (or both if they know each other, JK) and other non-LM's you
may know with SE-R, SR20DE, or other Nissans. Bring your own food & BBQ
equip, coolers, playthings, etc...

Where: Lake Balboa Park, Encino (San Fernando Valley)
       TG PG# 531-D-7 (Enter off Balboa Blvd.)

Go to: http://www.cityofla.org/RAP/valley/index.htm
       For park info & pics.

Time:  11 AM - dusk (I'll be there early to stake a claim to
       parking spots & tables)

What:  Eat, talk shop, take pics (I'll have a dig. camera there)
       There are some BBQs and tables all over, and there is a
       guy at the lake that rents out RC boats for the tykes.
       But by all means bring one if you have one, elect only :(
       There are paddle boats available for rent and there is
       fishing as well.Bring any OE/aftermarket part (that will
       fit in your vehicle) you want to sell or trade.

Also:  We will try & organize some caravans for those
       interested in the OpenTrack event April 1-2 at Willow
       Springs (I'll have some reg. forms there), & maybe talk
       about a poss. caravan to the TX Nat'l Convention, if by
       then we hear from ya'll down there about the date.

       Maybe even a 'how to' Q&A session with Mike K. and have
       him fill us in on the Import Challenge event to be held
       Feb. 26th.

If you can't figure out how to get there via Thomas Guide or MapQuest or
other map service, Email me if you can make it for sure and tell me where
you're comin' from , I'll send you back 'personalized' directions.

So far I'm counting on some local LM's and poss. the guys at UCSB to show.
Mike K. said he'd make it (minus the Z, right Mike?) and maybe some others
like Jose Vega, Frank Orozco, Zak Nilsson and Stephen Ludwig.  Andrew Phan
also said he may come down with some of the NoCal SERCA LM's , how about it
Dave Graas?  How about San Diego (LoCal) any show of hands? How about you
'DC' in Hawai'i? OK, ok I'm joking now... ;^D

**PLEASE RSVP me if you are coming, this will aid me in coning off and
reserving as much area as possible, TIA**

So wash'n wax'em & COME SHOW YOUR NISSAN LOVE, and have some fun!

Sincerely,

Carlos Gutierrez
'91 BlkClsk in Valencia & Glendora (...& back)
*SoCal SERCA Advocate* (not like it means much)