Plates and Title!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Plates and Title!
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 20:26:51 EST
Well, finally took the old california title in to DMV, filled out
loads of paper work.  Lady asks "how much it cost"
I say "its a gift" (it really was given to me)  She says
"wheres the bill of sale"  I say  "Dont have one"
she has to call and get market value, which turns out to be
3500$ or about 115$ tax......so I say, "Wait,
I just rememberd, I think I got it out in my truck"
Moments later, I run back in with a "bill of sale"
scribbled on a piece of paper, saying car was a gift.
She says fine, and I'm on my way.  $46.50
BTW, includes extra ten dollars for personal plates
which are going to say   SAKE RKT
I'm  quite pumped about this whole escapade, and
just had to tell someone....time to go out to the garage
now and get to work.
Jim
67 pushrod 2L 5spd
Chesapeake Va