Re: Cost of driving a roadster

To: chasard@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cost of driving a roadster
From: Bshinton@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 20:33:27 EST
I'm a newbie on datsun-roadsters--net.  I'm finding it incredibly informative
and fun.  I picked up my '68 2000 when the hapless owner needed money to pay
his lawyer the next day.  It looked terrible, but had a great drivetrain
restoration history.  Yes, it's taken money to keep it running and restore
the classic lines.  One spring, once the battery charged and the fuel pumped
to the carbs, it started instantly, as usual.  Upon backing out of the garage
I found the seals on the front calipers had given up and no brakes! Overall,
I've found the roadster to be a very cost-effective form of mental health
maintenance and enhancement.  It's hard to come home from the weekend drives
on K-4 through the Flint Hills of Kansas.  Also, it's fun getting all the "I
haven't seen one of those in years" comments and stories of past amazement of
seeing fast roadsters in the 60's and early 70's.  Alas, I need a warm
February weekend!