Steering Column

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering Column
From: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:28:10 -0700
TGIF,

My winter project has been to spruce up the interior of my 67.5 1600 (If you
can call this winter).

I have a question about the Steering Column.

It looks like there's a tube covering the steering shaft.  Can I remove this
tube by taking off the 4 bolts connecting it to the fire wall?  Is there
more to it than that, or anything else to be aware of?

BTW, I took my dash to a local dash cover store and they made me a custom
dash cover and moulded it to the dash for me.  The top part of my dash was
probably the ugliest part of my interior, but no mas - $40.

TIA - Robert - 67.5 1600 - Albuquerque (Going to see Elton John tonight in
the Pit)