Nissans problems

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Nissans problems
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:28:04 -0600
On the subject of Nissan.  I read an article a couple of weeks ago (don't
know where) about the new 240Z coming out next year.  High lights:  Nissan
has lost 14% sells last couple of years that has them in financial problems.
They are counting on selling 100,000 new Zs a year to pull them out.
Analysts say the new Z will sell well (if it remains around 20K) but not the
high numbers Nissan wants.  To improve on sells Nissan announced it will
follow a year later with a Z convertible.  Anyone else heard of such?

Mike - what are your plans for the 1600 5 main?

Daily driver.  In a year I will have my 96 V8 Dakota pick-up paid off.  At
that time it will have 100K miles, so it will be a part timer.  I am not
happy with new car choices or prices and will need a daily driver (my wife
will not let me put a car seat in the Roadster).  Soo.. I thought about
buying another 510.  Any Roadster folks to the 510 thing?  Les, your site
has a very good looking BRE.  Thats what I was thinking about - something to
scare the neighbors, they are used to the Roadster.

Phil Hall
66 1600   sorry for being long winded