Healy madness

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Healy madness
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 08:21:10 -0600
I looked at a brand new 3000 in 1967.  If I hadn't had a family that needed
more room I would have bought it.  Bought a 1966 390 Fairlaine GTA instead.
It got 5mpg.  However, I could pull a 22 foot travel trailer 100mph (don't
ask) at the same 5mpg.

Back to Healys.  There are some really nice fiberglass kits with the Healy
body that are Cobra eaters.  You can have all the benefits of IRS and modern
engines with the looks of a classic, and there's even a flared fender kit
that modernizes the design nicely.  A factory turnkey delivery is actually
less than many "correct" restorations, and it's insurable as whatever the
donor car was (Mustang II ?)  There's no snob appeal, but you get the same
satisfation blowing off somebody's doors that Roadster owners get.  Most
Roadster owners, even original owners, modify their cars constantly, so a
kit car shouldn't offend us as much as the purist groups. Go buy one of the
Kit Car magazines and see if something like that appeals to you.

Leisure Suit Terry