Re: Vegas

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>, <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vegas
From: "Dusty" <dusty@app-net.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 19:42:15 -0500
>From what I can tell, MIG is the way to go, but are the 110 volt
> jobbies OK?
>
> TIA
>
> Sid

Mine works fine.  The real trick to MIG is getting the wire speed / heat
setting correct for the type of metal and wire you are feeding.  Mine also
uses the argon gas to shield the weld area as opposed to the cheaper units
being sold that use "flux wire".  MIG stands for "metal inert gas" BTW,  so
these cheaper gasless units aren't really MIG's.  Just practice a while on
metal the same type and thickness before you do the actual job and you
should be ok.  At one point I welded a custom exhaust for a Suzuki 250 quad
racer with a Kawasaki Tecate engine.  The MIG worked great on the thin
exhaust metal.

Dusty
SPL311 "little car"
www.app-net.com/~dnagle/datsun/19682.htm