Roadster Serendipity

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster Serendipity
From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 19:22:36 -0800
All,

As many of you know, today was the day I went to go pick up SRL311-00489
from CDM after two months of waiting. My girlfriend drove me down and when
we got to CDM, Les was busy putting on the trim pieces on my car, and he
mounted the horn button I brought down with me. After all was ready, I took
my girlfriend out for a test drive and as you can imagine, we were soon
rockin' down the hiway.

However, we needed to get gas, so I pulled into a gas station to fill up.
Low and behold, there was a group of high school kids doing a car wash to
raise money for their soccer team. Now keep in mind, my car had not been
washed in five years as it had sat that long before I towed it to CDM for
the work to get it back on the road. So here was my roadster, caked with
dirt and grime, and I was not looking tfward the prospect of cleaning it in
time for the SoCalROC meet (tomorrow, by the way). So for three bucks, I had
an army of adolescents crawling all over my car and I got it washed. They
loved the car. Thought it was cool. I let one of the kids pull it up from
where they were washing to where they were drying. He loved it.

Just goes to show you the wonderful experiences you can have with your car.
I had a great time driving it today. Took it for a long spin and took turns
as fast as I could. Great fun. But the memory that will stick the most with
me about the first day I had my car will be those kids at the car wash.

Sometimes life is pretty fun.

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 Solex
SRL311-00489 (on the road again!)