Re: Puyallup!

To: "Thomas Walter" <walter@omni.sps.mot.com>,
Subject: Re: Puyallup!
From: Mark <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 07:03:55 -0600

Gordon Glasgow wrote:

> And a special no-prize to any non-Washingtonians who know how to pronounce
> Puyallup! One of the great amusements up here is listening to "foreigners"
>butcher
> it. Okay, so we're easily amused.

Hey, I not only know how to pronunciate it, I know hwere it is! But I cheat, I
have freinds there.

Odd that that name should show up in Washington state, though.  It's really a
Southernism, used just before joining your drunken friends in going for a swim.
 "Okay, all y'all fellers holt real taght onto thet rope, and I'll Puyallup!"

Mark van der Hoek
Houston  (sober and dry)
--

            "They that can give up essential