Re: The demographics of Datsun Roadster Owners

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The demographics of Datsun Roadster Owners
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 20:46:53 -0800
Okay, funny (true) demographics story follows. Anybody who doesn't want to
listen to me babble, skip to the end for the punch line. By the way, here's me
in about 1972 (http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/hippie.gif) and a couple of
years ago (http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/me.gif). I'm even more grey now.

Shasta 1998. I was up on the mountain at the All-Datsun Meet and had just parked
the car a few minutes earlier. I was checking out one of the few other roadsters
up there when I got talking with this young kid. He was 20-ish, spiky yellow
hair (not blonde, yellow), tank top, big colorful tattoos on both shoulders
(very nicely done, too) and multiple body piercings including lower lip.
Probably a lot of people would have avoided him on the street, even in Seattle.

He said "Is that black roadster yours? I saw it come in." I admitted it was.
"Man, that car is so beautiful!" And off we went up the lot babbling cars a mile
a minute. He had a nice 510 (that matched his hair color) with some really
unusual touches like factory air. We had a very nice several minutes comparing
cars and agreeing how cool Shasta was. No feeling of difference.

The demographic that really counts: Datsun Nut.

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org