Re: SP-etrol-UD

To: bitterrootprop@nidlink.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SP-etrol-UD
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 19:28:07 EST
In a message dated 02/02/2000 06:45:01 GMT, bitterrootprop@nidlink.com writes:

> I can't believe your reply comes from the same person that called people
>  that live in Idaho spuds.

The difference was in the intent. He was being bratty, while the spud thing
was purely innocent. Having lived in WA for all but the past 6 mo, I've known
plenty of... oh no,... what DO the nice people from Idaho like to be called?
...  anyhoo, they all used the term *spud* with no ill affects. How was I to
know this is not universally accepted amongst the ...uh.. you know,
"population of Idaho," shall we say?

BTW, the Brits can defend themselves, I just didn't like being FLAMED for
allegedly being "cutsie" and the "here in America" speech was way too
good-'ol-boy-ish for my tastes. What a wonderfully diverse country it is we
live in where we can drive cars from a Japanese company, owned by the French,
 that have British-based parts on them.

>  SPL311RDST@aol.com wrote:
yeah... I know what I wrote

And if it makes everyone feel better, I had plenty of "spuds" growing out
back in the garden when I lived in Puyallup. I LIKE potatoes.  <G>

Laurie :-)
'70 SPL311
Chandler, AZ
(where the potatoes at the market really suck compared to the ones you get in
the NW)