Re: I See Your Horsehair and Raise You a Floor Mat

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I See Your Horsehair and Raise You a Floor Mat
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:14:53 -0600
>Talk to Dennis at CDM. They can cut you a set of pads from high-density
>foam. They are doing this for me.
>
>Paul
>67 1600
>
>Group
>
>Do you think that an ordinary 1/4" thick auto floor matt would serve well in
>place of the horsehair between body and frame???
>
>Wayne Loomis Co.
>SRL311 #11995

HMMM, I'd be a little leery of foam over horsehair.  probably a lot more
pleasant to work with, but I wonder about longevity. We know the
horsehair lasts for decades, foam is generally a pretty etherial
material, especially if it's polyester, or rubber.  That padding is not
something you want to replace every 5 years.  My $.02 from 20 plus years
of foam jockeying.

Marc T.

Marc Tyler
Designer,