Heater blower rebuild ???

To: Datsun Roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater blower rebuild ???
From: "Eric R. Wittinger" <wittiner@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 13:02:00 -0800 (PST)
HI All, I have a few simple questions,  I own a 66 1600 and my heater
blower out of no where started squealing at me.  So I assumed that the
bearings wore out. THe next logical step since it is winter and snow is on
the ground, and this is my only car, is to pull it out and replace the
bearings.
  Okay with that said I have taken it appart, not an overly easy task, yet
not difficult once it was apart.  Now I notice right a way that there are
no bearing that the saft spins on, or bearings taht I have not sceen
before.
  So on to my simple question is there anything to replace or do you
regrease the shafts? (this will make sence to anyone that has had one
apart).  I will provide pictures tomorrow for every on how to take it
appart and clean it and put it back together.  But I want to fix my
problem, and rather then guessing on a grease/lubricat, does any one ahve
any sugestions?  I was thinking of buying some "Quick Lighting" (moutian
bike chain oil, actually it is liquid teflon).

Thanks
Eric

| Eric R Wittinger                             |
| Pacific Northwest National Laboratory        |
| NSD Radiological and Chemical Sciences Group |
| Web page            www.ee.pdx.edu/~wittiner |
| Email               wittiner@EE.pdx.edu      |
| Email (work)        Eric.Wittinger@pnl.gov   |