Re: Why did I buy a roadster?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, datsun_spl311@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Why did I buy a roadster?
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 00 08:32:36 CST
Alan,

Thanks for the story. Oh yes, a roadster (or even a MGB) is
a great way to find out if a SO has a grfeat sense of humor.

I also learned to ALWAYS turn the air vents on, drive the
car, then vacuum it out before a date. Picked up a young
lady for a date in my old '71 510. I had been laying out a
Pro-Rally (dirt roads) for some weeks before hand. Since
her brother had a 510, she knew where the vent knob was...
nice white summer dress was suddenly covered with dirt,
twigs, and dead bugs. Thankfully she did have a good sense
of humor.

Peter Egan, write for Road & Track, always has good stories
about his data Barbara while in college. Obviously he found
the right one, as they have been married some years.

If I ever start dating... yep, I will pull out the roadster.
If the first comment is "what a cute car... great!". If it
is "Oh my gawd, is that nasty thing leaking oil on my
driveway... uh, never mind".

Cheers,

Tom Walter '67 2000  '68 2000
Austin, TX '84 Land Cruiser  '99 Maxima SE