68 running lights

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 68 running lights
From: Steve Harvey <stevenh@execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 15:55:00 -0600
Hello all:
I removed the inop front running lights on my 68 2000 for inspection.
Both are so corroded that the round connector that holds the bulb in
place is half gone. Has anyone run into this problem? I went to the
local auto parts store and found a replacement socket but that would
involve cutting the back off and attaching the new connector. Has anyone
been down that road?

I found a easy way to keep people from stealing my car. I don't leave it
anywhere that someone would steal it. If I'm not in it, it's in my
garage locked up safe and sound. If I take it for ride and stop to eat,
I sit where I can see it. If I can't see it, I don't eat! My 70 1600
broke down late one night several miles from my house. I pulled over and
left it until the morning. When I returned the next morning the car was
still there but some #$%^ hole had kicked in the drivers door. What
makes people do things like that?
Thanks
Steve Harvey
Milwaukee