Re: 13" "minilite style wheels"

To: "Blair, Joe" <jblair@roseville.ca.us>,
Subject: Re: 13" "minilite style wheels"
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:44:09 -0600
I'm sure others have done this, but I would probably space the rear wheels
also.  Reason being, the front tires already set farther apart than the rear
tires.  The fronts have a wider track or footprint (whatever you want to
call it) than the rear.  Spacing the front tires out more would only seem to
add to the width difference.  Then again, who's going to notice a 1/2 inch?
Nathan

> I learned a few things after picking up a set of Enkie 13 X 5.5" wheels
that
> had the correct roadster bolt pattern. The '64 had 13" wheels so I thought
> all would work well...not! First problem I had was the center hub hole of
> the wheels were too small. So, off to the machine shop to have the centers
> opened up. Now they go on fine but the inside of front wheels rub on the
> upper A arm and ball joint. For test purposes, I put a couple of washers
> between the wheel and hub to see if they would fit, (don't get excited,
the
> car's engine is out and up on jack stands. Would never drive it like
this).
> This solves the problem and I have plenty of fenderwell clearance. What
I'm