Meet Countdown

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Meet Countdown
From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:10:31 -0800
Hey Roadster Fans!

Once again, I am on the list promoting the very first meeting of the
Southern California Roadster Owner's Club- better known as SoCalROC or as I
like to refer to us: Socal Rockers (Hey, aren't we about due for another
earthquake?)

Craig Carter gave me some valuable advice: make sure you keep posting the
time and place for the meeting so people will remember to come to the meet!
Well, I figure that if I pester everyone enough, they'll come to the meet
just to shut me up... Dennis and Les know EXACTLY what I mean here. I figure
the more people that show up the better.

At this time, I have 13 roadsters confirmed as well as a 73 240z. Three
people are coming that can't bring their cars due to various stages of
restoration, and one other person may bring his if it will be ready in time.
Also, my girlfriend is bringing her 99 BMW Z3. It's a 6 cyl 2.8 liter car
that is WAY fast and really nice looking. An honored guest. I am bringing
food for about 20 people, and I will have signs up in the park to guide you
to where we are meeting.

I am making commemorative placards for all cars that attend listing model,
year, engine type, custom or stock, entry number, and owner name. No, they
won't be that fancy or engraved or anything, but they will be nice as a
memento. I will also bring some blank ones for people who just decide to
show up. We also will have balloting for "best of meet". I intend to take A
LOT of pictures and everyone who comes to the meet will get one emailed to
them so they have an image of their car to send to Mark Dent...

So the info:

Place:          El Dorado Regional Park Long Beach, California
Date:           February 6th, 2000
Time:           10:00 am-?

I have also updated the web site with better directions and a meet agenda.
We are going to have a GREAT time. I once again invite the entire world to
come see the beginning of our club and come to the meet. Everyone is
welcome.

See you on the road,

Andrew Murphy
67.5 2000 Solex