Seat Covers

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Covers
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:50:43 -0600
I spent several hours this morning visiting with the local seat recovering
shops, getting estimates to re-do my 67 1600 seats.  The general consensus
was between $300 and $350 for the pair which also included adding some
additional padding.  The part that I liked about the custom covers was their
ability to put a grained vinyl in the center, with a smooth vinyl around
that edges.

I know most of the regular suppliers have seat covers for sale also, for
considerably less.  To those of you who have gone that route, how satisfied
have you been?  Also,  can these be installed by a novice, with acceptable
results?  The shops want about $100 just to install the covers.  With
patience, can it really be that difficult?  BTW, I decided AGAINST JcWhitney
covers.   The quality just didn't appear to be there.

Happy roadstering.  Again I am jealous to hear the east and west coast
already planning events for the Spring and Summer. <g>

Nathan