Converting a 1600 to a 2000?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Converting a 1600 to a 2000?
From: Guy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 19:54:58 -0800
Hello out there,
I was talking to Mark Dent the other day (Mark, thank you for the copy
of your wiring diagram.  It arrived today).  Mark briefly explained to
me how one can convert a 1600 to a "pushrod 2000".   Given that I have
decided to do a frame off restoration (it's 75% off now).  And I am
going to have the transmission worked on (it has a nasty 2nd gear
syncro). I am very curious about this 1600 to 2000 conversion process.
Mark said I would need a 2000 crankshaft modified to fit the 1600, also
new rods, pistons (the 1600 block will have to be bored out by .050) and
new carburation.  Question...is the ride in worth the row out?

Mark said his car has "head snapping" acceration.  How much does this
snappy conversion cost?  Who has the info on how to do it?  Are one of
our Raodster vendors particularly good at this conversion?  Is it worth
the time and effort?  Mark sounded very positive about his car.  He also
mentioned that someone used to sell a conversion kit.  Is there a
"downside" to this process...other than bucks???

Whoa,  That's alot of questions.  Any advise, suggestions, tips,
comments will be greatly appreciated.  Oh, my little 1600 put, put runs
pretty well right now (at least it did when it was all in one piece and
I decided to "fix it").

Thanks,

Guy Pepoy
1967.5 SPL